Social Events - Update
We are pleased to inform you about the following updates to our social events schedule:
1. Welcome Reception at Valencia City Hall:
- Date: Monday, 11th
- Time: 20:00
2. Gala Dinner at Veles e Vents Restaurant:
- Date: Tuesday, 12th
- Time: 21:00
Uploading Your Presentation
The speakers are invited to send their presentations as an attached document (not larger than 25 MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, September 8th, 2023. The preferred format is pdf. Please use the following file naming convention for the presentation:
The intention is to have presentation slides in advance to minimize the between-talk time in the sessions. Presenters are kindly asked to be at the session room at least 10 minutes before the session starts to meet their chair, check their presentation, and familiarize themselves with the technical equipment. Each session is equipped with a PC or laptop with Windows operating system.
ENBIS-Live Open Problem Session - Call For Volunteers
The ENBIS-Live session is again on the program (Tuesday, 12 September, from 9:40 to 10:40, Active Session 1).
This session gives participants the opportunity to discuss open problems. Volunteers who present open problems will benefit from ideas and suggestions of the audience; participants in the session will have the opportunity to experience the power of the ENBIS crowd knowledge.
If you have an open problem and would like it to be discussed at this occasion, please contact me (email@example.com, mobile: +32 495 42 68 97) as soon as possible. I shall be in Valencia from Friday, 8 September and can meet with you before the conference if you would like to. We can also talk by Teams or another remote collaboration tool.
This is how the session works:
For each open problem:
- the problem owner will present the problem in a 7 minute talk (can be with slides or not). The talk should briefly outline the context/background, the main statistical/data science aspects of the problem, and what is needed.
- round of questions: The member of the audience will be asked whether they have clarification questions, these questions are collected and answered as well as possible by the problem owner
- round of suggestions: The members of the audience will be asked for contributions.
- the problem owner comments on the suggestions and the master of ceremony (me) will summarize and conclude
Per problem, this process takes 20 to 30 minutes which means that we can host two or three open problems.