Welcome to the ENBIS 2022 conference 26th -30th of June.
The 22nd Annual Conference of the European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics will take place from 26th to 30th June 2022 in Trondheim, Norway, hosted by the Norwegian University of Science and Technology’s Department of Mathematical Sciences.
In Trondheim the Norwegian Institute of Technology, NTH, was established in 1910, and existed as an independent technical university for 58 years, before NTH and the Norwegian College of General Sciences merged into the University of Trondheim. In 1996 NTH ceased to exist. The university was restructured and rebranded. The former NTH departments are now basic building blocks of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
NTNU is now the biggest university in the country with about 40000 students. It has the main national responsibility for education and research in engineering and technology, a variety of programs of professional study, and great academic breadth that also includes the humanities, social sciences, economics, medicine, health sciences, educational science, architecture, entrepreneurship, art disciplines and artistic activities. Besides Trondheim, NTNU has campuses in Gjøvik and Aalesund.
Trondheim is one of the oldest cities in Norway, officially founded in year 997. It was the capital until 1217. A population size of about 200000 makes it the third biggest city in Norway. The town is well known for its rich medieval history and historical wooden architecture. Visitors like to visit the wooden palace of Stiftsgaarden, the 17th-century Kristiansten Fortress and the glorious Nidaros Cathedral or take a trip to the islet of Munkholmen (former monastry, prison and fortress). The museums of musical instruments and history, Ringve and Rockheim, are also popular. The city offers excellent recreational possibilities, in particularly for winter activities, and many of the best cross-country skiers in the world have their base in Trondheim.
As usual, the conference will have pre and post seminars/courses on Sunday 26th and Thursday 30th and the main conference from Monday 27th to Wednesday 29th.
We cordially invite you not only to engage in highly rewarding scientific and professional exchange during the conference, but also to find some leisure time and explore the city of Trondheim and its region.
ENBIS-22 Organizing Committee
ENBIS-22 session topics include, but are not limited to, the special areas of interest that exist within ENBIS (formalized in the so-called Special Interest Groups). The non-exhaustive list is:
• Design of Experiments
• Statistical Process Control
• Big data in Business and Industry
• Quality Improvement and Six Sigma
• Statistics in practice
• Reliability and Safety
• Machine Learning
• Data Mining and Warehousing
• Teaching Business and Industrial statistics
• Measurement Uncertainty
• Process Modeling and Control
• Statistics in the Pharmaceutical Industry
• Statistical Computing
• Statistical Modelling
• Data Mining and Warehousing
• Predictive Analytics
• Business and Finance
• Statistical Engineering
• Statistical consultancy
• Time Series Modeling and Forecasting
The conference will also include a series of special thematic sessions.
The list of keynote speakers for ENBIS-22 includes:
• Bianca Maria Colosimo Department of Mechanical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano
• Peter Goos Faculty of Bio-Science Engineering of the University of Leuven and at the Faculty of Applied Economics of the University of Antwerp.
Pre- and Post-Conference Courses
Pre- and post- conference events in the framework of ENBIS-22 include:
• A joint ECAS-ENBIS course "Text Mining: from basics to deep learning tools" by Jairo Cugliari and Adrien Guille scheduled in the afternoon Sunday 26th of June.
• A post conference course about "Exploring Multivariate Data Analysis Through Case Studies" by Volker Kraft scheduled in the afternoon Wednesday 29 of June.
• A post-conference course on “Extreme Value Statistics in Applications.” by Arvid Næss, scheduled in the morning Thursday 30th of June.
The ENBIS Live - Open Project Session is back
For any question about the organization of the conference, feel free to contact
John Tyssedal, email: email@example.com
The chair of the programme committee is Bjarne Bergquist. Email: Bjarne.Bergquist@ltu.se.
Bart De Ketelaere
Lluís Marco Almagro
Murat Caner Testik
John Sølve Tyssedal
The ENBIS-22 Organizing Committee members are:
John Tyssedal, NTNU (chair)
Bo Lindqvist, NTNU
Jørn Vatn, NTNU
Frøydis Bjerke, Animalia
Bjarne Bergquist, Luleå University of Technology